CDTA SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION ~~THE DREAM BEGINS HERE
Email scholarship questions to the Registrar. (Contact Us)
The CDTA BC Branch is pleased to offer a scholarship of up to $1,000 to deserving dance students to be used to further their dance education.
Master Classes Student Scholarship Fund
CDTA BC Branch sponsors Annual Master Classes that fund student scholarships. Each year funds are awarded by the Master Classes and Student Scholarship Fund Committee to deserving students who meet the specific criteria and express a desire to pursue further studies in dance.
Audrey and Denis Brown Endowment
Life member Audrey Brown, and her husband, Dennis Brown, graciously endowed CDTA BC Branch with a scholarship fund awarded annually to deserving students. Candidates must meet the criteria below and use the same application form.
To qualify, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- be between the ages of 10 and 25,
- have completed Grade 4 level or higher in any CDTA discipline,
- be registered in a dance school offering CDTA syllabus classes, and
- be a resident of BC for at least one calendar year (Jan 1 to Dec 31 of the year preceding the application deadline).
To be considered for either scholarship:
- Complete the Scholarship Application, available on the Forms and Downloads page.
- Write a short biography focusing on achievements and strength, as well as long- and short-term dance goals.
- Provide two reference letters:
- one from a CDTA member in good standing. Included CDTA membership number in the letter), and,
- one from a professional outside the dance community (pertaining to community and academic activities not related to dance).
- MAIL the application package (postmarked before the deadline) to:
CDTA BC Branch, Scholarship Applications
PO Box 502
Hazelton BC V0J 1Y0
- INCOMPLETE, LATE, FAXED or EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Do not submit excess reference letters, DVDs or videos.
- All entries and documents become property of CDTA BC and will not be returned.