A message from Pat Nikleva, Division Chair to CDTA National AGM:
We are “working on the development of the Specialty Dances with a focus on Argentine Tango social style. Pin tests have taken place and the next step is to prepare a syllabus for a Medal Test program.” June 25, 2019
SPECIALTY DANCES ADJUDICATION AND ACCREDITATION
1. Adjudicator – The CDTA BC Branch is pleased to announce that Donn Picard has been appointed an Adjudicator for the Specialty Dances. Donn’s career has been focused on social dancing and he with his skills and expertise will guide the future of these dances.
2. Donn will also be the person who will adjudicate future members when the criteria is completed and Donn and Pat are working on this taking into consideration the input and desires of the current members. Please note that the title Ballroom indicates that in most cases there are 2 persons dancing together as leader and follower. This is one thing that we have in common which makes it both interesting and challenging, It also encourages social interaction between 2 people or in groups (class or practice) and is a healthy life style choice. The dance levels are usually Social, Recreational and Competitive
3. Documentation completed for this project will be available under the Specialty Dance section of this website.
3.1. The Salon Tango Program has been completed and rolled out by Bobbi Lusic. Additional contributors were Patricia Lusic, Alejandro Gée, Donn Picard and Pat Nikleva.
3.2. The Salon Tango Program is now available for peer review by member teachers of Argentine tango.
3.3. The next phase of the project is creating a syllabus for salon tango. The Salon Tango Program will be used for this purpose.
4. CDTA Pins are now available to order to give some incentive to increase business and be able to award to your students upon completion of a program structured by the teacher. Donn has made some suggestions to create a structured program in 3 levels:
Pearl Pin (White) 16 – 20 week program to include 5 elements of the dance of their choice
Ruby Pin (Red) 7 – 10 elements
Emerald Pin (Green) 12 – 15 elements
Later on a more challenging “rewards” program with be implemented and we look forward to the teachers’ involvement with this progression.
5. In the future it is anticipated that the next stage of development will be standards criteria for Professional qualifications in:
West Coast Swing