Welcome to Canadian Dance Teachers Association
The CDTA BC Branch is a registered Society offering a wide range of certification programs for professional dance teachers and student examination programs in many disciplines.
The Disciplines offered are:
- Stage including Tap, Acro and Jazz
- Ballroom - International and American Styles, and Specialty Dances - Argentine tango, Salsa and West Coast Swing
The website has a section for each Division of the Branch. It contains information on becoming a member and on student examination services provided to members.
Download a Membership Application to get your accreditation started.
We also welcome qualified teachers from other recognized dance associations.
There are many reasons to join the CDTA. Some of our Membership Benefits are:
- Accreditation in represented dance disciplines
- Insurance for members and family – Commercial Coverage and Group Health/Dental/Disabilty
- Networking with other dance professionals in various disciplines
- Listing in the Members Directory
- Being part of a National dance community with branches across Canada
- Be involved in creating and maintaining dance standards and syllabi and a variety of exciting initiatives to further the presence of the art of dance in the community.
- Access to members-only pages, documents and discussion forums
2021 Temporary Membership Rates
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s annual membership dues have been lowered by half in order to assist members in this difficult time. Please note that this decreased annual membership fee is temporary only for this year, and we expect membership fees to return to their regular standard rates for 2022.
Affiliate, Pre-Associate $35.
Associate, Licentiate, Fellowship $45.
Life Members/Honourary Members no charge